Share template

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Fossil Hybrid HR review

I received this product as part of a review program in return for an unbiased review.

Fossil Hybrid HR is an interesting watch.  As the name suggests it's a hybrid between the traditional watch and smartwatches.  This is done with an e-ink display under the watch's mechanical hands.

With this approach, the watch is able to achieve a really long battery life. In my experience that's about a week or more.  I had been using the watch for a week at the time of the review and it's still ticking.

Like Wear OS watches and other smartwatches on the market, these watches are able to receive notifications.





As you can see from the video above, the interface is quite clunky.  Navigations are done using the buttons on the side instead of swiping like other smartwatches.  Double tapping on the screen turns on the 4 LED embedded in the side of the watch.

The watch contains most of the functions you expect from a smartwatch.  It supports heartbeat tracking and sleep tracking.  However, there is no way to display a digital clock, so before buying the watch, make sure you're a fan of the mechanical watches with watch hands.

One feature lacking by the watch is the "find your watch" feature.  On my Huawei watch, I can use the feature to ring the watch.  However, this watch lacks this feature.  It merely shows the location of the watch, which is not that useful if you lost the watch in your room.

Now for the watchband.  The watch I received is stylized using a metal watchband.  This is not ideal for those with chunky hands like mine.  It digs into my skin and I am unable to adjust the band of the watch.

Based on this, I cannot recommend this watch.

No comments :

Post a Comment