Share template

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Review: Huawei Watch GT 2. Overhyped, leaves much to be desired

I received this product as part of a review program in return for an unbiased review.



Pros:

  • Long battery life
  • Comfortable straps
  • Very light
  • Attractive design
  • Accurate tracking
Cons:
  • No third party apps
  • Limited function
  • Truncated notifications


I've heard so much about the Huawei Watch GT2. But I think it's a bit overhyped.

The watch is quite lite and has a long battery life. I had used it for 2 days continuously and the battery had only dropped 6%.  I had a continuous heartbeat turned on.

Despite these pros, the watch leaves much to be desired.

For example, I can't do much from the watch.  The music app won't work with Google Play Music, only the mp3 files transferred to the watch.  Spotify is out too so as Google Fit.

Also, you can't use the watch to pay using NFC.  In fact, most of the settings of the watch must be controlled by the phone; it cannot be used on its own.

While it does a great job at fitness tracking and sleep tracking, it's lacking on other fronts.

In summary, would I recommend the watch?  No.  At least not at the price point of £200.

No comments :

Post a Comment