Share template

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Omorc Smart Fitness Tracker

Today I'm reviewing the Omorc Smart Fitness Tracker with Sleep Monitor which cost £20.99.  I have received this device as a sample for review, but this won't influence my opinion of the device.

Pros:

  • Comfortably fit on the hand
  • Does the job
  • Show time and date
  • Show notification


Cons:

  • Non intuitive settings
  • Can show notification but cannot interact with them
  • Hard to put on the wrist

One thing I need to make it clear is that this fitness tracker is no smart watch.  It comes nowhere close to the Android Wear.  For example, although it can show notifications of incoming emails, you can't see the details of the emails.  In the same vein, although the device show incoming calls, there is no way to pick up the call without using the phone.  Furthermore, the "find your phone" feature never worked for me.

In addition, I feel the user interface is non intuitive it's clunky and hard to use.  It uses a combination of top to down swipe and left to wipe swipe to navigate the menu.  Also in the mix is tap to access a menu and then hard long press to select the menu item.

Wrist secure pongs
When I first got the device I had trouble registering to the Zeroner app.  However, apparently one of my attempts got through, but when I tried to reset my password, I wasn't able to.  It would say reset password sent but as of the writing of this email, I have received no reset password emails.  This is a severe oversight.

Now going to the physical aspect.  The watch is quick slick and goes on comfortably on the wrist.  However, instead of using the traditional clasp system found in traditional watches, it has two prongs that pushes into the hole bands.  To charge, the entire watch face has to be disconnected from the band to reveal a USB male port.  This is quite inconvenient to remove every time I need to charge.  Other reviewers list this as a pro but I find this a con as the rubber is quite stiff and I fear breaking it every time I remove the product from the band.


USB interface

Would I recommend the device?  No.  The non intuitive interface combined with the problem with the Zeroner companion app, and the charging mechanism prevent me from recommending this device.

No comments :

Post a Comment