Share template

Monday, September 24, 2018

Updated: Review: VicTsing Dehumidifier


Disclaimer: This product was provided by VicTsing in exchange for an unbiased review.

Update: September 24, 2018: The dehumidifier finally gave up the ghost on me.  It no longer turned on.  So the answer to the below question about how long the product last is 2 years.

The original review is below.




Today I'm reviewing the VicTsing Dehumidifier, which cost £47.99 on Amazon.

Pros
  • Compact
  • Works as expected
  • Long cable
  • Easy to use
  • Sturdy construction
  • Large water catchment container

Cons:
  • High pitch whirring
  • Need to be plugged in
  • Limited by 2.5m power cable

At first I quite skeptical about the product after reading the negative reviews on the Amazon page.  However, to my surprise it works as expected.  During my week of use it managed to collect about a mm of water in the container.

In the box you get:
  • 1x Dehumidifier
  • 1x Adapter
  • 1x Instruction Manual

The dehumidifier is quite easy to use.  On the back of the product, there is an "on" button and that's it.  There is no other dials or switches on the product.   Plug it in and switch it on and it starts working.  At the top, there is an LED indicator to check if the water tank is full.  This also doubles as a shut-off system as if the water tank is full it will automatically shut the system off so it doesn't overflow.

The water container is easily removed. Just give it a tug and it comes out.  One thing I dislike about the product is the high pitch whirring it produces when it is working.  I am using it in an ensuite room and I can hear it through the closed bathroom door.  Though it doesn't disturb sleep, this, in my opinion, is quite annoying.  I had to turn off the product at night.

The product is lightweight and portable.  However, you are limited by the length of the power cable (2.5 m).  So if there isn't an outlet near the place you want to use the product, you will need an extension socket.

I can't comment on whether it's worth the price or not or how long it would last, but if you're skeptical on the quality, all I can say is that it works.  For how long, I don't know.

No comments :

Post a Comment